Workshops and Assemblies in Key Stage 1-2
Our educational workshops and can be delivered in any primary school setting in England and Wales. They aim to engage learning around gender diversity, raise awareness of trans identities and what it means to include trans people in our schools.
We tailor sessions to emphasise particular areas of the curriculum. As well as LGBT History Month events, PSHE class or drop down ‘enrichment’ or ‘diversity’ days, we also offer workshops to connect with other subjects such as Drama, English, Art, History, Biology and General Science.
In certain contexts, an assembly might be a more practical option. Assemblies are 15 -20 minute presentations to a large cohort of students, sending broad messages that reflect the school ethos of equality, inclusion and respecting difference. They aim to engage learning around gender diversity, raise awareness of trans identities and increase understanding of what it means to include trans people in our schools.
Gendered Intelligence provides a non-judgmental service that supports all educational settings to develop and improve their trans inclusion and gender diversity good practices.
We always aim to work flexibly and to meet your needs in your particular setting. Please do contact us to discuss alternatives. All our services can be mixed and matched to suit your specific needs and circumstances, or bespoked as required.
Educational workshops and assemblies at Key Stages 1-2 are useful in one or more of the following circumstances:
- The school’s ethos is committed to equality and inclusion, but would benefit from an increased understanding of gender diversity and what it means to include trans people
- The school wishes to prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experience of later life and living in a diverse world
- The school would like to tackle and prevent Homophobic, Biphobic and (HBT) or gender-based prejudice and bullying
At the end of each session, students will show an increase in their ability to:
- Recognise and value diversity
- Respect difference and our responsibility to others
- Assertively challenge prejudice and discrimination
- Discuss relationships and feelings
- Understand gender as diverse and the impact of gender stereotyping
Duration: Standard session is 1hr
Cost: £165 per hour (plus travel expenses), £150 for subsequent sequential hours
Numbers: Up to 35 students
Duration: 15-20 minutes
Cost: £165 per hour (minimum charge is one hour) + travel, £150 for subsequent sequential hours
Numbers: Up to 300 students
Please get in touch if you would like to learn more about our services or book a session.
See ‘Gendered Intelligence Fees, Terms & Conditions’