Gendered Intelligence Network for Therapists and Counsellors
The Gendered Intelligence (GI) Network for Therapists and Counsellors aims to support therapists and counsellors to enable trans and gender questioning people (and their families) to have a positive experience in a therapy setting.
Therapists and counsellors who complete GI’s two day course “Working Alongside Trans, Gender Diverse and Questioning People” and sign up to the Standards of Provision can become members of the GI Therapists and Counsellors Network.
Joining the network entitles you to:
- Access specialist supervisions (approximately monthly, 6 people for 2 hours, cost £40+VAT/session, online)
- Join the e-mail distribution list and receive occasional bulletins / updates with therapist related content
- Be added to a directory for trans people and their families (subject to criteria – see Directory information below)
For the Terms and Conditions of Network Membership, click here.
We typically charge an annual fee for membership of the network. We are currently in the process of redeveloping the network, and during this period the annual fee is suspended. The fee will be reintroduced in due course.
Working Alongside Trans, Gender Diverse and Questioning People: A two-day training course for therapists and counsellors
In order to become part of the GI Network of Therapists and Counsellors, you must undertake our training course, "Working Alongside Trans, Gender Diverse and Questioning People".
This two-day course has been created in response to demand for more in-depth and specialist learning from therapists and counsellors themselves, and to the need of the trans community for a pool of trans-knowledgeable therapists and counsellors to draw on.
The training will be a mix of formal presentations, interactive exercises and reflective discussions delivered in a small group learning environment by two professional trainers who combine extensive therapeutic and trans-specific knowledge and practice.
Gendered Intelligence Therapists and Counsellors Directory
What is GI’s Directory of Therapists and Counsellors?
This directory is a listing of members of Gendered Intelligence’s Network for Therapists and Counsellors who wish to offer their services to trans people, their families and their partners.
All therapists and counsellors on the directory must:
- have completed the two-day GI course for therapists and counsellors, Working Alongside Trans, Gender Diverse and Questioning People.
- have signed up to the GI Standards of Provision
- be registered with a professional body which:
- requires that they are qualified to recognised standards;
- has a complaints system through which they can be held accountable by clients
A note about language: On this page, we use the term ‘trans’ to refer to the broad spectrum of people who feel that the sex/gender they were assigned at birth does not match or sit easily with their sense of self. It is a broad term and includes people who might describe themselves as non-binary, gender fluid, agender, transgender, transsexual, and men or women of trans history, among many other words. We also recognise that people may be questioning or exploring their gender identity and not identify as trans, and that people may or may not identify as trans in the future.