We need to recruit lots of new volunteers to support our 8 -25 years old youth groups at Gendered Intelligence! Please read the following before applying.
Do you want to volunteer for Gendered Intelligence?
Gendered Intelligence exists to increase understanding of gender diversity and to improve the quality of lifeof trans people, and young trans people in particular. To achieve this we need our brilliant volunteer community to support the work we do!
Volunteers are vital support to the work at Gendered Intelligence:
They are crucial resources (extra pair of hands) to help meet the needs of our service user in each one of our community projects.
They bring their own unique skills and perspectives and enrich our community by their diversity.
They help GI build a more inclusive sense of trans community for other volunteers and service users, representing different lived experiences.
Volunteering can help combat the lower rates of employment in the trans community by giving volunteers opportunities to gain experience and training relevant to their vocational interests which helps with CV and employment skills development.
Youth Group Volunteering
We are looking for wonderful volunteers to support our youth groups. You’ll be supporting our Youth Group Leaders and creating a safe and supportive space for our young people. We run youth groups for a wide range of ages from 8 to 30 years old. We run youth groups in London, Leeds, and online. To volunteer at the in-person groups, you should live in one of these cities or a short travelling distance to one of them.
What youth groups do we run?
We run a wide variety of youth groups:
- TPOCalypse groups specifically for young trans people of colour
- Transfem youth groups for our transfeminine young people
- Swimming groups for all ages
- Community Saturday and events for all ages
- Online projects like Nature Connections and Transitions for all ages
- Age specific youth groups
- And much more! You can read all our groups and events here.
What would I do as a youth work volunteer?
- If you want to volunteer at our in-person groups please read this Youth Work Volunteer Role Description
- If you want to volunteer at our online groups please read this Youth Work Online Volunteer Role Description
What support and training would I receive?
- Gendered Intelligence Volunteer Induction
- Safeguarding training & resources
- All applicants will undergo an Enhanced DBS for adults & children
- 1-2-1 support with theVolunteer and Events Coordinator
- Travel and lunch expenses paid
Applying to Volunteer
Volunteers must identify as trans, non-binary or gender-diverse as our youth groups are trans only spaces. To volunteer for any of our TPOCalypse youth groups, you must be black and/ or a person of colour. To volunteer for our Transfemme youth group, you should identify as transfemme/a trans woman, and/or experience transmisogyny.
Please note, we are primarily looking for volunteers who are trans people of colour and people who identify as transfeminine. This is because these groups are underrepresented in our volunteer community.
If you have any questions please email our Volunteer and Events Coordinator, Til on [email protected].