Training and Presentations for Staff working in Education & Other Youth Settings
Gendered Intelligence can offer a range of sessions from 1 hour to two days and beyond. We have two standard training sessions:
‘Introduction to Trans Awareness’ is a half day (3.5 hour) introductory interactive session for up to 15 people which gives enough time for discussion and questions around the key topics in a relatively short period of time. The session covers the diversity of trans experiences, language and terminology, understanding legislation and implementing good practice
‘Trans Awareness: The Basics’ is a good choice if you have limited time for staff training, or want something in addition for the wider staff body. It covers broadly the same topics as the half day session but in less depth. The session is 90 minutes long, comprising around 1 hour of presentational material and 30 minutes of Q&A, and can be delivered to 100+ people. This sits well in the context of an INSET day or similar.
We always prefer to speak with our clients before a final choice of package is made to ensure that it will meet your needs in the most effective way, taking into account both time and budget. Please feel free to contact us.
Gendered Intelligence provides a non-judgmental service that supports all educational settings to develop and improve their trans inclusion and gender diversity good practices.
Training and Presentations for Staff working in Education is useful in one or more of the following circumstances:
- The institute’s ethos is committed to equality and inclusion, but would benefit from an increased
- understanding of gender diversity and what it means to include trans people
- The institute would like to tackle and prevent Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic (HBT) or gender-based prejudice and bullying
- The institute needs more insight into the legislation around the rights and responsibilities around trans identities and the Equality Act 2010
At the end of our half day session staff will have:
- An appreciation of how sex, gender and sexual orientation interact
- Improved understanding of trans identities, terms and language
- A basic grounding in the key laws relating to trans people
- Increased awareness of trans issues and ways to be trans inclusive
- Increased confidence in working with trans colleagues/students
- Information about helpful resources
Pricing and Booking Information
‘Introduction to Trans Awareness’ 3.5 hour sessions start from £600 plus expenses
‘Trans Awareness: The Basics’ 90 min sessions start from £300 plus expenses
Nearly all sessions in educational settings are priced at these starting rates.
Minimum fees may apply.
Please contact us to make a booking enquiry, request a firm quotation, or for further information.
You might also be interested in our Continuing Professional Development training sessions for individuals.
What people say about our training
“One of the best training sessions I have attended. [The trainer] was fantastic, friendly and helpful and it was great to finally feel comfortable and confident talking about these issues. Thank you!”
- Jamie Graney, Student Recruitment, Lancaster University
“Feel very empowered to talk to colleagues and students about all things trans”
- Course participant, University of Hertfordshire
“Excellent session, good discussions. I feel much more informed and able to answer questions that might arise”
- School Counsellor, Solihull School
“Well-paced, informative training session which met our needs perfectly. [The trainer] established a very comfortable environment in which people were able to ask questions”
-Senior Tutor, Merton College, Oxford
“Very well presented ... [The trainer was] very knowledgeable. Felt very able to contribute. [The trainer] set a perfect tone to the session which encouraged discussion”
-Careers Consultant, Lancaster University
“Thank you very much! Very valuable information and discussions. Really good presentation, friendly atmosphere”
-Welfare Manager, School and Sixth Form Centre, Kent
“Excellent - really clear, concise and enlightening. Thanks very much”
-Denise Brahms, Deputy Headteacher, St Mary’s School, Wigan