Gendered Intelligence is a community interest company that looks to engage people in debates about gender. We work predominantly within young people's settings and have educative aims. We believe the arts are an amazing tool for sharing our stories, platforming our voices and building awareness around the ways in which heteronormativity regulates and restricts everyone.
We place young trans people at the heart of our organisation.
We respect that young trans people's lives are rich and diverse, including their gender identity, sexuality, age, abilities and disabilities, ethnic background, faith and beliefs.
We are committed to an idea that everyone can be intelligent about gender!
- A series of youth group sessions for young trans people (aged 11-25) to meet, socialise, receive information and support.
- One-on-one mentoring for trans students in education
- Support for families of young trans people online and in person
- Arts programmes and workshops themed around gender
- Training sessions for professionals in organisations, schools and youth services that work with transgender students, clients or staff.
- Resources for trans youth, their families and those who work with them.
- Events for the wider trans community and our friends to come together and fundraise for our trans youth support work.