Last updated: June 2020
Gendered Intelligence Support Line Service
Contact GI Support Line
Support Line for the patients of Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health & Sheffield Porterbrook Clinics
Call 0330 3559 678
Text and WhatsApp chat options 07592 650 496
Gendered Intelligence Support Line launched in 2018 with a partnership with Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health, offering independent and confidential support to trans and non-binary patients (and their families) undergoing the NHS gender care waiting list and assessment process. The Support Line is now offering support to gender care patients at our new NHS partner Sheffield Porterbrook Clinic as well as continuing support services at the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
The GI Support Line Team are here to listen. We can offer you support and a listening ear at this difficult time for patients of gender services. We can offer you an informed gender diverse listening ear, and trans affirmative support from workers who are all trans and non-binary people themselves.
Do feel free to get in touch:
To access confidential support
To source helpful information
To chat about resilience and self-care
To talk about how you might handle difficult times
To look at taking care of yourself in terms of holistic wellbeing
Feel free to start a conversation. We can offer a call back, or spend time exchanging messaging. If we are busy or closed, you can email or leave a text or WhatsApp message and the support worker can get back to you.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 2-7pm
Wednesday and Friday 10-3pm
Seasonal Opening hours
With the end of year holiday time upon us, Gendered Intelligence Support Line wishes to update you with our seasonal opening times. We recognise that the holiday time could be difficult for many of you. Please feel free to visit our wellbeing resources hub on Gendered Intelligence website COVID-19 Support Hub. The Gendered Intelligence Support Line Team wishes you a peaceful and nourishing holiday season.
- Tuesday 22 December 2pm-7pm
- Wednesday 23 December 10am-3pm
- Thursday 24 December 10am-3pm
- Friday 25 December UK Holiday closed
- Monday 28 UK Holiday closed
- Tuesday 29 December 10am-3pm
- Wednesday 30 December 10am-3pm
- Thursday 31 December 10am-3pm
- Friday 1 January UK Holiday closed
- Monday 4 January 2pm-7pm(back to our usual opening hours)
Other Helpline numbers
- COVID-19 NHS call 111 or contact them [online](https://111.nhs.uk/) for advice and assistance with urgent healthcare. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Samaritans 116 123
- Domestic Violence Hotline 0808 2000 247
- Switchboard LGBT+ helpline 0300 330 0630
- LGBT Domestic Violence Helpline 0300 999 5428 or email@example.com
- The Survivors Trust 0808 801 0181
- Mind 0300 123 3393
- Mindline Trans+ 0300 330 5468
- Age UK 0800 169 6565
- Childline 0800 1111