Last updated: May 2021
GI Camps 2021 – Information
Camp 1 – For 11-17 year olds- Prep Day (in person in London): Saturday 10th July
- Camp (near London): Friday 6th August – Monday 9th August
Camp 2 – For 16-26 year olds- Prep Day (in person in London): Saturday 24th July
- Camp (near London): Tuesday 10th August – Friday 13th August If you are getting your A-Level or GCSE results you may have to ask someone else to collect these for you. We will be able to support with the clearing process. Please contact us if you have specific concerns about this.
Booking your place
Booking Opens Friday 7th May 7:00pm
Booking Closes Friday 14th May 7:00pm
Information needed for your bookingYou will need to complete a form to book your place. The information you will need is below.
Please email us on email@example.com if you need support with this.
This year, booking is NOT first come, first served. Instead, you will need to complete the section on the form regarding your motivation to join. You can do so by replying to the following question on the booking form: Why do you want/ need to come on camp this year?
To complete the booking form, you will need the following information
- An email address and phone number we can use to contact you
- Any health needs or access needs
- Any allergies
- Any medications (including name, amounts and when you take them)
- The name and postcode of your GP surgery
- The names and phone numbers of 2 people we can contact about you in an emergency (they must be over 18 years old and live in the Uk)
Camping Frequently Asked QuestionsPlease refer to our FAQ page for further information about the Camping trips.
What the young trans people thought about our camping trip:
"I learnt a lot and had so much fun for the first time in a long time. I didn't want to leave, it was like a little piece of paradise. I can't wait until the next one!" - Youth group member
"Camp was a place I could be myself, a place where I didn’t worry about gender or the world outside, a place to forget about my problems for 4 days" - Youth group member
"I really enjoyed archery, but what I liked best was just hanging out and chatting by the camp fire each night." - Youth group member
"It was muddy, but still fantastic!" - Youth group member
"I wish every day was camp!" - Youth group member
"I made some really good friends on camp and now feel less alone in the world.” - Youth group member
Pictures from past camps
Setting up the tents
Eating dinner outdoors together
Setting up the camp fire
Pulling 3-G swing - faster!
Kayaking down the river
They built a raft!